Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Freedom Walk Atlanta


These were taken on my trip to Atlanta. I was there for a booksigning and on the Sunday morning following the signing I went over to see the church where MLK preached. There was a visitor's center there that made me cry. Seeing the  photographs and videos depicting the 60's-70's and Martin Luther King and being in the place where a lot of it happened was immensely moving. I was 15 when he was shot, so it had a huge impact on me but I did not remember all of the events leading up to his death.


These two shots were details of a metal sculpture that is along the Freedom March trail. I walked along it  on a beautiful quiet sunny day. Although it was right next to a Freeway, which, somehow I don't think it having "Free" in it had anything to do with MLK. 



No comments:

Post a Comment